BORDELAISE SAUCE made with Cedar Creek Cabernet Sauvignon
This recipe was created & resented by Chef Joe Zankl from The Port Hotel at the 2015 Cedar Creek Winery Open House.
• 4 oz. Cedar Creek Cabernet Sauvignon
• 2 ea Shallots, Chopped Fine
• ½ t. Peppercorn, Finely Ground
• 1/8 t. Thyme
• 1 ea Bay leaf
• 1 qt. Brown Sauce
• 4 oz. Butter
• 1c. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1. Combine and reduce red wine, shallots, bay leaf, peppercorn, and thyme
2. Add brown sauce and simmer for ½ hour
3. Finish with butter and Strain through cheesecloth.
4. Sauté, sliced mushrooms and add to sauce
Note: Traditional bone marrow is used in this sauce, but has been omitted.