8 oz ground beef
½ cup Cedar Creek Vogue Rogue
½ teaspoon salt
¼ t freshly ground pepper
2 ea 8oz pkg of cream cheese
½ cup Half and Half
2 green onions, chopped fine
½ cup sweet pickles, chopped fine
4 oz crumbled Blue Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and remove cream cheese from fridge to soften.
2. Cook beef in a pan over a medium high heat for about 8 minutes, add the Vogue Rogue and season with the salt and pepper. Continue cooking until the wine has reduced and the pan is almost dry. Skim off fat and set the beef aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with the Half and Half until smooth. You can do this by hand or mixer just let the cream cheese soften beforehand to make it easier. Add the green onion, pickles and gorgonzola, mix well.
4. Lastly, mix in the cooled beef and scrape mixture into a 2qt dish, cover and bake 35 mins.
Serve with pita chips, toast points or melba toast and enjoy with a glass of Cedar Creek Vogue Rogue!
– by Stephanie Baldwin: Assistant Retail Manager, Cedar Creek Winery (Presented at the 2018 Cedar Creek Winery Open House.)