3 cup chicken stock
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs butter
1 small onion chopped
1 cup arborio rice
1 ½ tsp salt
½ cup Cedar Creek Chardonnay
2 tbs pesto
½ cup sundried tomatoes
Freshly ground black pepper
½ cup parmesan or similar style cheese
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the stock to a simmer. In a large heavy bottom pot, heat the oil and butter over medium low heat, add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
2. Add the rice and stir until it becomes opaque, about 2 minutes. Add the Cedar Creek Chardonnay and salt and stir until the wine has been absorbed.
3. Add the chopped sundried tomatoes and ½ cup simmering stock, stirring often. Continue adding the stock ½ cup at a time and allowing the rice to absorb the stock before adding more. Cook the rice this way until tender, 25 to 30 minutes. You may not use all the liquid or you may have to add more.
4. Stir in the pesto, black pepper and cheese. Serve immediately, garnished with extra cheese and serve with Cedar Creek Chardonnay.
– by Stephanie Baldwin (Demonstrated at the 2016 Festive Friday Eve.)