1 pkg of fresh cranberries (12oz)
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and chopped into small pieces
¼ cup Waterfall Riesling
½ cup brown sugar
Zest of 1 orange
½ t cinnamon
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup sour cream
1 cup almond flour
½ cup cornmeal
½ tsp salt
1 tbs butter
1 tbs Waterfall Riesling
½ to ¾ cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat and oven to 325 degrees and lightly grease an 8” round cake pan.
2. Mix the first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs for 2 minutes and then slowly add the sugar, beat until pale and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add all the next 5 ingredients and blend until mixed. Spread the fruit mixture into the prepared pan and pour over the cake batter, leveling it gently. Bake 55-60 minutes. Remove pan to a rack and allow to completely cool.
4. Melt the 1 tbs of butter in a small bowl and add the 1 tbs of Riesling. Add enough powdered sugar to make a glaze (pourable rather than spreadable) and drizzle over cake.
5. Enjoy in a bowl with your favorite ice cream or topping and with a glass of Cedar Creek Waterfall Riesling!
– by Assistant Retail Manager, Stephanie Baldwin