3 Granny Smith apples
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 oz. butter, unsalted
2 tablespoons brown sugar
½ cup Cedar Creek Gewurztraminer
3 oz. cream cheese
¼ cup chopped pecans
8 ea crepes
1. Fill a large bowl with water and add lemon juice. Peel apples and quarter, drop into the bowl. Set a large pan over medium heat and melt butter.
2. One at a time, remove apple quarters from the water, core and slice into thin strips, put them in the pan. Add the brown sugar and the pinch of salt, stirring until apples soften, this will take about 10 minutes. Add the Gewurztraminer and continue cooking the apples for another 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add the cream cheese, cut into small chunks. Stir it in, it will melt and thicken the apples.
3. Set a small pan over medium-low heat and dry toast the chopped pecans. As soon as you smell them they will be done. Do not burn- this will be easy to do!
4. Finally add the pecans to the apples.
5. To assemble, divide the mixture between the 8 crepes, roll and place 2 each on a plate, dust with powdered sugar to serve.
– by Stephanie Baldwin (Demonstrated at the 2015 Open House.)