4 oz. Cedar Creek Cabernet Sauvignon
2 ea Shallots, Chopped Fine
½ t. Peppercorn, Finely Ground
1/8 t. Thyme
1 ea Bay leaf
1 qt. Brown Sauce
4 oz. Butter
1c. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1. Combine and reduce red wine, shallots, bay leaf, peppercorn, and thyme
2. Add brown sauce and simmer for ½ hour
3. Finish with butter and Strain through cheesecloth.
4. Sauté, sliced mushrooms and add to sauce
Note: Traditional bone marrow is used in this sauce, but has been omitted.
– by Chef Joe Zankl, The Port Hotel (Presented at the 2015 Cedar Creek Winery Open House.)